Construction work to replace two bridges on Randolph Street between 4th and 5th Streets in Vandalia will begin on Monday. Vandalia Mayor Rick Gottman announced a couple weeks ago that the project was slated to get underway Monday and that fact was confirmed during the Vandalia City Council meeting on Monday evening. The construction will cause a couple of road closures for a period of time as 5th Street will be closed from Madison Street to Randolph Street. And, Randolph Street will be closed from 4th to 5th Streets. The closures will be for an extended period of time and could possibly last up to several months. The City of Vandalia received a Federal Highways Grant, and that will pick up 80 percent of the cost of the project, with the city covering the other 20 percent.