Some long worked on bridge replacement projects are set to get underway in Vandalia in less than two weeks. And, that is going to lead to the closure of a couple of key routes in the community for several months. Vandalia Mayor Rick Gottman has announced that bridge work will begin on Monday, September 26th two replace two bridges. And, Gottman says that means 5th Street will be closed from Madison Street to Randolph Street. And, Randolph Street will be closed from 4th to 5th Streets. And, the areas are expected to be closed for several months. Mayor Gottman adds the City of Vandalia was the recipient of a Federal Highways Grant, and that will pick up 80 percent of the cost of the project, with the city covering the other 20 percent. Gottman adds it’s a project that’s been in the works since 2009 and they are happy to be able to move forward and replace the bridges to ensure their longevity and safety for the citizens of Vandalia.