The Vandalia Fire Department was called out to the Fayette County Courthouse this morning, just after 8 am. But, luckily, it turned out to be a minor issue. Vandalia Fire Chief Keith Meadows says it turned out to be an extension cord that was used for some decorations that were on top of some lateral filing cabinets. Meadows says damage was limited to the cord and a small area on the wall that was blackened by the fire. Meadows says that courthouse employees and officers had put it out with fire extinguishers and the fire department then removed smoke with ventilation fans. Chief Meadows says there was no significant damage.