***Crews are working vigorously to clear the interstate. I-70 westbound
has reopened. I-57 road closure is estimated to continue for
approximately 1 hr. Be aware that miles of congestion will take some time
to clear. Local traffic may consider utilizing County Roads, U.S. and
State Routes for several hours if traveling west from the Greenup to
Traffic is currently backed up to milepost 110 on I-70 west, nearing
Due to a traffic crash involving fire at the north tri-level
of I-57 and I-70 at Effingham, traffic is being rerouted.
· I-70 westbound is being diverted onto U.S. 40 at Montrose to
alleviate back-up. Traffic is moving onto I-57 northbound from I-70
· All traffic on I-57 southbound at the north tri-level (milepost
163) is being directed southbound. The ramp to I-70 eastbound from I-57
southbound is currently closed.
· All I-70 eastbound traffic is being directed east. The ramp to
I-57 northbound is currently closed as well.
· I-70 EASTBOUND traffic is also being diverted at Montrose (exit
105) due to traffic issues.
Avoid the area and seek alternate route. Alternate routes include U.S. 40
(east/west), Rt 45 (north/south), Rt. 121(north/south/east/west) (Rt. 130